Hi! I'm Chris Lovejoy.
I'm a Medical Doctor (Senior House Officer), Clinical Data Science and Technology Lead at Cera Care and Machine Learning Master's student at University College London. I'm also involved in research applying machine learning to healthcare and spend time teaching others about machine learning in healthcare.
I studied Medicine at Cambridge University from 2011 to 2017, and have worked as a doctor at several hospitals around London since then.
- Blog: During that time, I have kept records of my experience and reflections on learning medicine, which are shared as blog posts here.
- Book: I have also collated these into a short book, which you can read here or buy on Amazon here.
- Blog: I've written posts here that I think will be helpful for people trying to understand machine learning in medicine, such as paper summaries, resource recommendations and 'commonly asked questions'
- Courses: I've run courses about machine learning in healthcare since early 2019. They were initially conceived as an introduction to machine learning for people from medical backgrounds, but have ended up being popular with people form other backgrounds too.
- eBook: I'm currently writing an eBook as an 'introduction to machine learning in medicine'. Sign up if you'd like to be notified when I release it.
- Videos: I've recently started making videos on Youtube. They're pretty rough, and I'm still trying to decide the best format. The most popular video to-date has been this webinar.
- Academic: If interested in my academic work, I have made my publications freely available here.
As well as medicine and machine learning, I write articles on anything else that interests me, such as productivity, book reviews, perspectives and reflections and this guest post on learning how to rap.
For those interested in the 'archives', I shared some of my older articles on Medium.
If you're ever in London and want to meet up, drop me an email at email@example.com