17th July 2019, 7:00PM - 8:00PM (GMT+1)
UPDATE (1/7/19): This event has now reached full capacity. A recording of the webinar will be made available after the event. Sign up at the bottom of this page to receive a link when the webinar is shared, and for news about other upcoming events. For those interested in a more in-depth exploration of the subject, consider the one-day course.
This one-hour free webinar covers some of the fundamental principles of machine learning and its application in healthcare.
It is aimed at all medical professionals (doctors, medical students, nurses and allied healthcare professionals) with an interest in machine learning, and who want understand it more deeply, but are not sure where to start.
The talk will cover:
- What exactly is machine learning and what advantages does it have over previous methods?
- How does the machine learn?
- Methods for assessing the success of a machine learning model
- Case studies of AI in medicine and critical assessment of their impact
- Suggested resources for those interested in going deeper into the subject
For those more familiar with the subject, who are looking for a more in-depth exploration, consider signing up for the one-day course "Machine Learning for Medics" on Saturday 10th August.
Kindly supported by Medic Footprints
To receive updates on upcoming courses